I absolutely adore my mum’s cooking. It’s like no matter what she cooks, I always felt that I could eat it for days. I want to share this experience and decided to get the recipe for her bee hoon dish from her so that you can try it out for yourself! It’s really simple, but so delicious.
Minced Pork Marinate
500g minced pork
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 packet of beehoon
3 cloves of garlic (diced)
1 onion (sliced)
1 big carrot (sliced)
4 long chye sim (approx 300g) / green vegetables
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp chinese cooking oil
2 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
1. Soak a packet of beehoon in a bowl of water
2. Marinate 500g minced pork with one tablespoon of light soya sauce and pepper.
3. Heat a pan and add oil
4. Once the oil is heated, add garlic, onion, carrot, stir fry for 5mins
5. Add some salt and pepper
6. Add green vegetables and stir fry for 3min
7. Add minced pork and stir fry
8. Add one cup of water, one teaspoon of sugar, two tablespoon of chinese cooking oil, light soya sauce and dark soya sauce. Stir fry for 1-2min
9. Drain the water from the beehoon and add into the pan, and stir fry well for a further 10mins.
10. Add more seasoning if required.